1 TB ground flax seed1/4 cup warm water
1/2 small onion, diced
1-1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup cannellini beans
1/2 cup processed oatmeal
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated ginger
1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
1-1/2 tsp soy sauce
2 Nori sheets ground in spice grinder
1 tsp salt
- Prepare a pot of water and steamer.
- Combine the flax seed and water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the onion and sesame oil in a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes
- Add the cannellini beans and using a potato masher, mash into the onion and oil until a paste is formed.
- Add the oatmeal, bread crumbs, ginger, sesame seeds, and soy sauce and use a spatula to combine.
- Add the Nori and salt, and continue to combine.
- On top of a layer of oiled plastic wrap form the paste into a long, slender loaf. Wrap well, with the seam side up.
- Wrap this again in Aluminum foil, seam side up.
- Set in steamer and steam for 1 hour.
- Remove and let cool, unwrap and slice thinly. Serve with soups and noodles.